Heath couple raises six sons, six Eagle Scouts

Heath couple raises six sons, six Eagle Scouts

(HEATH – October 21, 2013) Six sons. Six Eagle Scouts. And all are enjoying successful, service-oriented careers or are on their way to establishing one. That’s the legacy that Heath residents Ed and Debbie Thatcher have created as they raised their sons with a life centered around the activities and core values of the Boy […]

Rockwall resident sings at event honoring fallen CIA agents

(ROCKWALL – October 19, 2013) The CIA Officers Memorial Foundation held their charity dinner event at The Rosewood Crescent Hotel in Dallas, TX on October 14, 2013. The foundation provides support for the families of fallen CIA agents. The featured remarks were by General Michael Hayden, USAF (Ret.), Former Director, National Security Agency and Central […]

Free Bokwa class Nov 2 at Rockwall Harbor

Free Bokwa class Nov 2 at Rockwall Harbor

(ROCKWALL – October 19, 2013) Join the FREE Bokwa by The Lake fitness class on Nov 2nd at The Harbor. It’s open to anyone and everyone. Bokwa is like Zumba but they modified the steps to make it a little less difficult. Submitted by Andrew Ainsworth, Recreation Coordinator, City of Rockwall.  Please click here to […]

Fall Plant & Seed Swap Nov 2

Fall Plant & Seed Swap Nov 2

Plant & Seed Swap 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday, November 2 Discovery Garden, 875 Riding Club Road (ROCKWALL COUNTY – October 19, 2013) It is time to start dividing your crowded perennials, bulbs and groundcover.  Perennials need to be divided on a regular basis to maintain healthy and vigorous growth.  You may not have the […]

Monster in the Corn Crib

Monster in the Corn Crib

A Rockwall Pumpkin Patch storyteller’s tale As a boy I went to visit my granny and granddaddy in a small town called Pageland in South Carolina. My granny was named Annie and my granddaddy was named Boyd. I was very fortunate to have spent almost every summer in Pageland as I grew up with my […]

Special Olympians return from State with medals, ribbons

Special Olympians return from State with medals, ribbons

(ROCKWALL – October 14, 2013) The Rockwall County  Special Olympic Swim Team recently competed at the State Special Olympic swim meet held in College Station. These athletes advanced to the State meet after qualifying  at the Area meet in Frisco this summer.  They brought home 7 gold, 9 silver, and 5 bronze medals; and two […]

Rockwall Aspasians induct new members

(ROCKWALL – October 10, 2013) The Aspasians recently inducted four new members: Leslie Bird, Kim Craddock, Holly Pullen and Kelly Webb. The Aspasians wish to thank everyone who shopped at the Fall Arts & Crafts fair.  The generous support of loyal shoppers enables the Aspasians to donate more than $40,000 in scholarships each year to […]

How to de-stress the holidays

(ROCKWALL – October 8, 2013) First United Methodist Church of Heath and Debbie Tudor, Licensed Professional Counselor with Rockwall Counseling, PA, will present a program on “How to De-Stress the Holidays.” The free event will be from 5 to 6 p.m. Sunday, November 10 at the church, 140 Smirl Drive. To register, call 972-771-6732. For […]

DAR hosts founder of Defenders of Freedom

DAR hosts founder of Defenders of Freedom

(ROCKWALL – October 7, 2013) The “Rock Wall” Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution hosted Donna Cranston, founder of Defenders of Freedom (DOF), on October 7 at Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Heath.  The Dallas based non-profit organization Defenders of Freedom’s primary focus is to meet the needs of military members who served in […]

Rockwall Pumpkin Patch volunteers hard at work

Rockwall Pumpkin Patch volunteers hard at work

(ROCKWALL – October 5, 2013) Rockwall’s Original Pumpkin Patch opened with a lot of festive fanfare this morning, but Blue Ribbon News stopped by a couple of times prior to the opening to catch all the volunteers hard at work, preparing for a season that’s bound to be bigger and better than ever! PRINT & […]