(ROCKWALL, TX — February 27, 2019) The Rockwall County Historical Foundation is pleased to announce the second annual American Gothic Art Auction and Dinner, scheduled for Sunday, May 5, 6-9 p.m. at Summerfield at Tate Farms (12992 Farm to Market 548, Rockwall, TX 75032). Local artists of all skill levels are invited to create their own masterpiece on canvas, which will be displayed for bid during the fundraiser.
- RCHF will provide you with a free 6” x 6” edge-stretched canvas.
- Pick up a canvas at the RCHF Museum located at 901 East Washington (hours: Tues/Thurs 1-5 pm, Sat. 10 am – 2 pm).
- Sign out your canvas by providing your name, phone number, email address and physical address.
- Create art OF ANY SUBJECT on your canvas! There are no restrictions on media or subject to use (paint, mosaic, fiber, photography, etc.).
- Return your donated work of art to the Museum no later than April 20 at 5 p.m. Then:
- RCHF will display the 100+ canvases on professional museum-quality panels, under which will be tables with corresponding bid sheets. Each bid sheet will have a photo of the canvas to which it corresponds.
- Fundraising event guests ($35 per person for non-RCHF members, $30 per person for RCHF members and participating artists) will enjoy two complimentary glasses of wine, a BBQ dinner, and accompanying music.
- We welcome donations of additional silent auction items!
Members of the Foundation wish to express their sincere thanks to the Rockwall Art League artists, area artists and celebrities who create and donate their art!
For questions, call the Museum at (972) 722-1507.
Submitted press release by the Rockwall County Historical Foundation.
Our monthly print edition is delivered free to ~22,000 homes in Rockwall and Heath, TX.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.