(ROCKWALL, TX — July 26, 2019) Interested in learning new skills or refreshing your workplace skills? Sign up for FREE Microsoft and career classes at the Rockwall County Library this fall! Registration begins on Monday, Aug. 5. Register in-person at the Rockwall County Library (1215 E Yellow Jacket Ln) or call 972-204-7771.
Tuesday, 9/10 – OneDrive (6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
Saturday, 9/21 – Basic Word (10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.)
Tuesday, 9/24 and Thursday, 9/26 – Basic Word (6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
Tuesday, 10/8 – OneDrive (6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
Saturday, 10/19 – Making Your Resume Speak Louder! (10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.)
Tuesday, 10/22 and Thursday, 10/24 – Basic Word (6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
Tuesday, 11/5 – OneDrive (6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
Saturday, 11/16 – Intermediate Word (10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.)
Tuesday, 11/19 and Thursday, 11/21 – Basic Excel(6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
Tuesday, 12/3 – OneDrive (6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
Tuesday, 12/10 and Thursday, 12/12 – Effective Interviewing (6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
Saturday, 12/14 – Intermediate Excel (10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.)
Here’s a look at what you’ll learn in each class:
- Benefits of using the “Cloud”
- Get started with a Microsoft account (if you don’t have one)
- Get started with OneDrive
Microsoft Word Basics
- Create, open, save and pin documents
- Format text, use page layout, and generate lists
- Create and format headers and footers
- Create, convert, and format tables
- Insert and format pictures
Microsoft Excel Basics
- Copy and paste cell contents
- Use the fill handle and format cells
- Rename and format worksheets
- Insert, copy, and group worksheets
- Create basic formulas
- Create and format charts
Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Using indents and tabs
- Inserting hyperlinks
- Creating page and section breaks
- Using columns
- Inserting headers and footers
- Inserting page numbers
- Using text wrapping
- Working with shapes
- Using styles and themes
- Creating a table of contents
Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Using functions
- Working with Excel views
- Filtering data
- Grouping and subtotaling data
- Using Excel tables
- Inspecting and protecting Workbooks
- Creating Pivot tables and Pivot Charts
Making Your Resume Speak Louder
- Revise your resume
- Highlight your accomplishments and transferable skills
- Make your resume stand out
- Learn dynamic skills and tips that will dramatically transform your next interview.
This series of classes were generously funded by the Friends of the Rockwall County Library.
Blue Ribbon News staff report.
Our monthly print edition is delivered free to ~22,000 homes in Rockwall and Heath, TX.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.