(ROCKWALL, TX — May 18, 2020) Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced new re-openings this afternoon as part of the Phase II of his plan to re-open Texas amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Among the new re-openings announced today include:
- Childcare services, massage services, and youth clubs (effective immediately)
- Office-based employers (with no more than 10 employees in the office at a time or 25% capacity)
- Bars at 25% capacity beginning Friday, May 22
- Restaurants at 50% capacity beginning May 22
- Zoos, aquariums and natural caverns at 25% capacity beginning May 22
- Day and overnight youth camps and programs such as summer camps can be offered starting May 31
- Professional sports without in-person spectators including football, tennis, baseball, softball, basketball, car racing, and golf will start back on May 31
- Schools can begin offering summer school beginning June 1
All of the above can re-open so long as safe social distancing is practiced. The 25% capacity and 50% capacity limitations do not apply to outdoor areas, only the social distancing requirements.
For a full list of re-openings from Gov. Abbott’s latest announcement, visit gov.texas.gov/opentexas.
Blue Ribbon News staff report.
Our print edition is delivered free to ~15,500 homes in Rockwall and Heath, TX.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.