ROCKWALL, TX – March 2, 2021 — Beginning Tuesday, March 2, the Rockwall ISD Board of Trustees’ Naming Facilities Committee will accept nominations for the naming of:
- The Field at Wilkerson-Sanders Memorial Stadium
- The Transportation Services Facility at 707 South Clark Street
The nomination form is available on the district website at http://www.rockwallisd.com/naming and may be mailed or delivered to the Rockwall ISD Administration Building, Attn: Communications Department, 1050 Williams Street, Rockwall, Texas 75087.
The deadline to submit forms is 4 p.m. on Friday, March 26. Please note that Central Office is closed March 8-12 for Spring Break and March 15 for Bad Weather Make-up Day.
Rockwall ISD’s naming facilities policy allows schools to be named after:
- An individual who has made a significant contribution to society and/or education whose name shall lend prestige and status to an institution of learning,
- An individual who has served the RISD or the local RISD community, especially in service to children, and whose virtues or characteristics will serve as role models to students, staff and the community, or
- A district property donor or benefactor or his/her family members.
Completed nomination forms should include biographical data to support the nomination, information about the significant contribution or representation the person has made to education or to the local community, rationale for recommendation, and a list of family members in the area if the person to be so honored is no longer living. The committee or Board shall not consider petitions.
The Board of Trustees’ Naming Facilities Committee will review the nominations in April and is expected to make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees at their April monthly meeting.
Submitted press release edited for publication in Blue Ribbon News.
Our print edition is delivered free to ~15,500 homes in Rockwall and Heath, TX.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.