(ROCKWALL, TX – September 9, 2015) The Rockwall Soroptimist encourage everyone to Get up and GIVE on North Texas Giving Day, September 17, when your donation of $25 or more to help women and children in Rockwall will receive BONUS FUNDS!
It’s easy! On September 17, from 6am-midnight , just go to northtexasgivingday.org and type in Soroptimist International of Rockwall and give generously.
The Rockwall Soroptimist fund the following community projects:
- Soroptimist House, maintained by SI Rockwall, will be the new home for Women In Need and the new Advocacy Center of Rockwall. This partnership includes free office space and utilities in order to help victims of both child abuse and domestic violence.
- Women In Need(WIN) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides over 1,000 lifesaving services to victims of domestic violence each year.
- We Expect Respect curriculum,developed by the Rockwall Soroptimist, is presented by WIN in the local high schools and middle schools to educate teens on healthy relationships, anti-bullying strategies, and resources available within the community if needed.
- Eloise’s Closet, located in Soroptimist House, provides free clothing and accessories for women needing professional clothing for job interviews, court appointments, or who are experiencing financial crises. WIN has plans to expand Eloise’s Closet to include a thrift store that will help fund their help programs.
- Advocacy Center of Rockwall will be designed to help the increasing number of Rockwall children 17 and under, who have experienced physical or sexual abuse, through counseling.
- STARS project (Soroptimist Toasting Area Retired Seniors). The club celebrates the birthdays of the seniors living at Reese Manor, a low cost housing unit, with quarterly themed luncheons and Wall Mart gift cards. They also provide a Christmas luncheon and more gift cards.
- College Scholarships are given annually to three Rockwall County senior girls.
- Live Your Dream Award – is given annually to a female head of household who is returning to school or training.
- The club also plans to begin a Dream It Be It program, a mentoring program that helps girls ages 14-17 needing support to realize their dreams.
The Rockwall Soroptimist remind everyone that your generous donations on Sept. 17 will receive a bonus from the North Texas Giving Day program, helping fund many projects that assist women and children in the Rockwall community.
Submitted by Sue Reeves, Rockwall Soroptimist.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Please click here to LIKE our Facebook page, so we can reach more people with good news like this!