(ROCKWALL, TX – October 6, 2015) Congressman John Ratcliffe, representing the 4th Congressional District of Texas, reminds anyone interested in attending a service academy, the deadline is rapidly approaching!
Deadline is October 15, 2015. Members of Congress may nominate applicants who meet the eligibility requirements established by law.
Contact the office at (972)771-0100 to request a nomination packet.
A candidate may seek a nomination from Congressman Ratcliffe to: U.S. Military Academy at West Point, New York, U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis, Maryland, U.S. Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy atKings Point, New York,U.S. Coast Guard Academy atNew London, Connecticut (No Nomination Needed)
Each applicant for a nomination must meet the following eligibility requirements as ofJuly 1stof the year of admission to an academy:
• Age: Be at least 17 years old, but not have passed the 23rd birthday
• Citizenship: Must be a U.S. citizen
• Marital Status: Must be unmarried, not pregnant, and without legal obligation to support children or other dependents
• Residence: Must reside within the boundaries of the 4th Congressional District of Texas.
• Skill / Fitness: Must meet the medical, physical, and academic requirements of the Academy.
The nomination application period opens May 15th of each year for those candidates who are high school juniors and will be seniors the following school year, or who have already graduated. The deadline for submitting a nomination packet to the District Office this cycle is October 15, 2015. Please contact the office at (972)771-0100 for more specifics.
Submitted by Shayne L. Martin, Communications Director, Congressman John Ratcliffe (TX-04).
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Please click here to LIKE our Facebook page, so we can reach more people with good news like this!