(ROYSE CITY, TX – October 29, 2015) Teacher excitement is contagious through-out the campuses as the grant patrol awards funding for innovative classroom programs. The goal of the Royse City ISD Education Foundation is to Energize, Enrich, and Enhance Education at Royse City ISD. Teachers are continually looking for new ways to enrich their programs and engage their students to enhance and advance learning at Royse City Schools. And that is the focus our Education Foundation. What can we do as parents, community and business to make our district the best place for students to learn? We can give them the funds needed to put these enrichment programs in place.
Wednesday, October 28th the Foundation Grant Patrol, comprised of foundation directors and donors, surprised the Royse City ISD Campuses to award teachers for their innovative classroom programs. The Grant Patrol awarded 11 Innovative Classroom Grants for a total of $30, 682!
The Royse City ISD Education Foundation was founded in February, 2009 and has now awarded over $300,000 in innovative grants to the teachers and students at Royse City Schools.
Our 2015 Grant Winners are:
- We’re All About that Bass Music; Ginger Hicks, MMV K-4 $1,061.40
- Mighty Math Carnival Countdown Math Manipulatives – 12 Lakeshore learning centers; Buchanan, Gilbert, Williams, Flores, Pope, Jordan, MMV 1st $4,989.64
- Watch Us Grow with GoPro Math & Science Software & cameras; Jordan, Oliver, Sagraves, Young Cherry 5th & 6th $2,799.88
- Legos for Literacy Lego Story Starter; Stark/Camp Cherry 5th & 6th $3,725.50
- Light-Camera-Actually…This is News! Film Equipment; Dugan & Norris Herndon 5th & 6th $1,000.00
- Hollywood Comes to Royse City High School! AV, Design & Theater; Vaughn, Stone, Jeffery & Jones RCHS 9th – 12th $4,808.99
- Take Home a Lab Science Materials; Cannon, Bailey, Lindow Fort 4th $500.00
- Broadcasting the Big Future Film Equipment; Chaney, Gilliland, Lancaster Scott 3rd – 4th $1,300.00
- Operation Learning to Grow Ag Science; Watkins, Gilliland, Smith RCHS 9th – 12th $4,997.21
- Make Me a Makey STEM; Hahn/Little, Herndon & Cherry 5th & 6th $5,000.00
- Hear them Out: Bilingual Student are Successful! Spanish; Walker, Reyes, Mora, Bower RCHS 9th – 12th $500.00
Innovative Classroom Grants – $30,682.62
District iPad Initiative iPad mini carts Elementary & Intermediates Pre-K-6th – $20,000.00
Total Grants – $50,682.62
Check out our Facebook page RCISD Foundation or website, www.RCISDFoundation.com for fun photos of our teachers and the grant patrol.
Grants provide teachers and students with resources to enrich and extend learning. These resources would not be available through the regular school district budget. The impact on learning has been tremendous in the last six years and the Foundation is excited about the future for Royse City ISD students and teachers!
You can be a part of this enrichment – The Education Foundation Annual Fund Raising drive is underway now until December 18, 2015. If you would like to be a part of the Education Foundation, supporting Royse City ISD teachers in creative and innovative learning please contact Jo Nell Mellody at 972.636-2413 or visit the Foundation website at RCISDFoundation.com.
Submitted by Jo Nell Mellody, Community Relations & Education Foundation Director.
The Blue Ribbon News print edition is delivered free to more than 18,000 homes throughout Rockwall and Heath.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
For advertising inquiries both online and in print, call 214-342-8000 or email advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Download the FREE Official Rockwall Area App for Apple iPhone or Android.
Also find us on Facebook and Twitter.
Thank you for making us the area’s #1 source for positive hometown news, entertainment and events.