Fun & Fit in the Park is Easter Saturday, March 26
(HEATH, TX – Feb. 3, 2016) The City of Heath’s traditional Easter Saturday celebration on March 26 expands this year to include not only the Heart of Heath 5k, but an enhanced 1-Mile Family Run with awards for the top three boys and top three girls!
Here’s a sampling of what to expect:
- USATF Certified 5k course with chip-timed start and finish lines
- 5k awards for Top 3 overall plus Top 3 males and females in each age bracket
- 1-Mile Family Run—integrated into the 5k course, with same start and finish lines
- 1-Mile Family Run awards for Top 3 boys and Top 3 girls
- Long-sleeve dri-fit T-shirts for 5k and Family Run participants while supplies last
- Giant-size games like chess, checkers, Jenga and Connect 4
- A kids’ Easter craft in the Artstream Mobile Art Studio
- Complementary healthy treats including mini- fruit smoothies from Smoothie King and fresh-made juice from Juice It Up
- Prize drawings for registered runners
- The Easter Bunny…bring your camera!
The fun begins rain or shine in Towne Center Park with a runners’ warm up at 8 a.m.; the Family Run starts at 8:15; 5k at 8:30 a.m.; and awards and prizes at 9:30 a.m. Proceeds benefit Heath’s parks and trails.
Find more details and register online for the runs at www.heathtx.com.
The City of Heath Thanks Our 2016 Special Event Series Sponsors!
Host Sponsor: Lakeside Chevrolet.
Presenting Sponsors: American National Bank; Atmos Energy; Artstream Mobile Art Studio; Chase; Dental Professionals of Rockwall; Horton & Archibald/Allegiance Title; Heath Salon & Spa; LiechtyMcGinnis Attorneys & Counselors; North Texas Orthopaedic Specialists; Play-Tri; and Suddenlink.
Supporting Sponsors: Juice It Up; Justin Holland/Regal, Realtors; Oncor; Pabian Partners, Inc.; Progressive Waste Solutions; Pool Rescue/Brandon Seery; Smoothie King; Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Rockwall; Urban Air Trampoline Park; and Karen Wydra/Ebby Halliday, Realtors.
Submitted by Suzanne Brooke, Media/Community Relations Manager, City of Heath.
The Blue Ribbon News print edition is delivered free to more than 18,000 homes throughout Rockwall and Heath.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
For advertising inquiries both online and in print, call 214-342-8000 or email advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Download the FREE Official Rockwall Area App for Apple iPhone or Android.
Also find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Thank you for making us the area’s #1 source for positive hometown news, entertainment and events.