(ROCKWALL, TX – Nov. 20, 2019) Nine band students from Cain Middle School recently made the Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) Region 25 Middle School Honor Band.
These students competed against nearly 1000 other 7th and 8th grade students from 17 different school districts in the region including McKinney ISD, Wylie ISD and Allen ISD.
Students were required to play two major scales, their full chromatic scale, and two prepared etudes. Percussion students played three etudes on snare, mallet and timpani.
Here are the nine All-Region students:
- Cale Bragg, Percussion / Wind Symphony
- Allie Buchanan, Percussion / Wind Symphony
- Mateo Herrera, Bassoon / Wind Symphony
- Ella Killian, Trombone / Wind Symphony
- Jonathan Avitia, French Horn / Symphonic Band
- Landon Reimer, Trombone / Symphonic Band
- Kathlyn Sauer, Flute / Concert Band
- Edan Bemis-Tactay, Clarinet / Concert Band
- Rebecca Dyer, Trombone / Concert Band
In addition to the nine students above, two students made alternate status for the honor band:
- James Martinez, Bass Clarinet
- Cooper Brandy, Tuba
These students will join the other Honor Band members from around the region and participate in the TMEA All-Region Honor Band clinic and concert on December 12th and 13th at McKinney High School in McKinney ISD.
Submitted press release and photo by Steven Offield, Communications Coordinator, Rockwall ISD.
Our monthly print edition is delivered free to ~15,500 homes in Rockwall and Heath, TX.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.