Rockwall Safe: PARENT ACTION REQUIRED. A message from Rockwall ISD Communications.
(March 10, 2019) Rockwall ISD Families on Spring Break,
Rockwall ISD continues to monitor the spread of the Coronavirus COVID-19 illness. We want you to know what we have planned during Spring Break at our campuses and action that we are asking from our parents and staff:
ACTION REQUIRED STUDENT/FAMILY TRAVEL
Rockwall ISD is asking that all students/families who traveled in the last 14 days to a location on the CDC travel alert website (click link), please notify your campus principal or school nurse via email BEFORE your child returns to school on Monday, March 16.
A list of campus principal and nurse emails is provided below.
Rockwall ISD staff will contact families and share pertinent health department recommendations to determine if your child is cleared to return to school. Students must be asymptomatic (click link) before they can return to school. The Texas Education Agency reminded school officials on March 6th that “districts have the authority to request that students and/or staff stay home if there is serious concern about their current health, whether or not they pose a health risk to others in the community.”
ACTION REQUIRED EMPLOYEE/SUBSTITUTE TRAVEL
Rockwall ISD will require ALL employees and substitute teachers to complete a travel survey before returning to work Monday, March 16th. Employees/substitutes who have traveled to locations identified on the CDC travel alert website (click link) are asked by the CDC/health department to self-isolate for 14 days. They must be asymptomatic before they can return to work.
Cleaning/Disinfecting of All Campuses
Over Spring Break, all Rockwall ISD campuses and buses are receiving a deep cleaning/disinfecting of high-touch surfaces such as door handles, railings, student desks, computer keyboards, and bus seats.
The Centers for Disease Control recommends the following actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
● Stay home when you are sick.
● Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
● Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
● Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
● When cleaning hands, if soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at
least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Coronavirus Resources/Web Links
· Texas Department of State Health Services – https://www.dshs.texas.gov/ coronavirus/
· Travel Advisory – CDC – www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/ 2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
· Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – https://www.cdc.gov/ coronavirus/2019-ncov/index. html
· CDC Recommendation for Self Quarantine – https://www.cdc.gov/ coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/ guidance-home-care.html?CDC_ AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww. cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019- ncov%2Fguidance-home-care.html
· RISD Health Services – https://www.rockwallisd.com/Page/15086
We appreciate your parental partnership with us. Stay safe and healthy as you enjoy your Spring Break.
Our print edition is delivered free to ~15,500 homes in Rockwall and Heath, TX.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.