ROCKWALL, TX (August 13, 2020) Meals on Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County is happy to share that The North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging has a broad range of support services available for family caregivers, including Caregiver Support Coordination, Respite Care, Caregiver Information Services, and Caregiver Counseling.
The following are eligibility criteria.
- The caregiver cannot be paid for his/her services;
- Either the caregiver or care receiver must live in Collin, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell or Wise County;
- The caregiver must be:
- caring for someone who is at least 60 years of age;
- caring for someone who has Alzheimer’s or a related dementia:
- be at least 55 years of age and have primary custody of a grandchild who is under the age of 18; or
- be at least 55 years of age and care for a relative who has severe disabilities
Some programs, such as Caregiver Support Coordination, have additional eligibility criteria.
For more information, please call 972-771-9514.
Information provided by Meals on Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County. The North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging serves adults age 60 and older and their family caregivers who live in Collin, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell, and Wise counties.
Our print edition is delivered free to ~15,500 homes in Rockwall and Heath, TX.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.