ROCKWALL, TX (September 10, 2020) Meals on Wheels Senior Services offers a range of information and educational materials of tips and tools for family caregivers, plus information on agencies and organizations that provide caregiver support. Contacting MOWSS is the first step towards seeking support and maintaining a healthy balance between the caregivers own self-sufficiency and their responsibilities.
“There are only four kinds of people in this world: Those who have been caregivers; Those who currently are caregivers; Those who will be caregivers, and Those who will need caregivers.” ~ Rosalynn Carter
- Assess the situation – “What are the needs?”
- Thorough recent medical examination
- Functional assessment of Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) by an occupational therapist, nurse practitioner, social worker, home health, or other (ask doctor to prescribe)
- Complete Family Caregiver Assessment
- Prioritize needs
- Engage the care receiver to respect their wishes
- Organize important information; keep portable set of important documents
- Learn about diseases and conditions
- Find help in the community and from others, including family
- Learn about community and internet resources
- Plan for the future (medical, financial and legal)m
- Take care of yourself
For more information, call Meals on Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County, 972-771-9514.
Information provided by Meals on Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County. The North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging serves adults age 60 and older and their family caregivers who live in Collin, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell, and Wise counties.
Our print edition is delivered free to ~15,500 homes in Rockwall and Heath, TX.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.