ROCKWALL, TX – December 3, 2020 – Meals on Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County offers a range of information and educational materials of tips and tools for family caregivers, information on agencies and organizations that provide caregiver support.
Contacting MOWSS is the first step towards seeking support and maintaining a healthy balance between the caregivers own self-sufficiency and their responsibilities. Preserving your health is a message that should be told to all family caregivers.
Take care of yourself in your role as a family caregiver!
Practical Stress Management Tips for Caregivers:
- Manage stress before the situation becomes a crisis
- Reframe your perception of situations
- Ask for help
- Recognize your history and what triggers your stress response “If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you always got”
- What do you have control over? What can you influence?
- Take care of your physical and mental health
- Have some fun
- Respond – don’t react
- Practice letting go
- Prioritize activities according to their importance and available time. Activity does not necessarily mean productivity
- Recognize the harmful effects of perfectionism and take steps to be more flexible
- Remind yourself about the high cost of worry and the low return
- Be willing to accept that sometimes enough is okay
- Take one day at a time and value it as if it were your last
- Join a support group
- Educate yourself
For more information, call Meals on Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County, 972-771-9514.
Blue Ribbon News staff report. Information provided by Meals on Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County and North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging. The North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging serves adults age 60 and older and their family caregivers who live in Collin, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell, and Wise counties.
Our print edition is delivered free to ~15,500 homes in Rockwall and Heath, TX.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.