ROCKWALL, TX – Feb. 3, 2021 – Meals on Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County offers a range of information and educational materials of tips and tools for family caregivers, information on agencies and organizations that provide caregiver support. Contacting MOWSS is the first step towards seeking support and maintaining a healthy balance between the caregivers own self-sufficiency and their responsibilities.
When someone has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, you need to start getting his or her health, legal, and financial affairs in order. You want to plan for the future, if possible, with help from the person while he or she can still make decisions. You need to review all of his or her health, legal, and financial information to make sure it reflects the person’s wishes.
Information on Planning
- Durable Power of Attorney for Finances gives someone called a trustee the power to make legal and financial decisions for the person.
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care gives someone called a proxy the power to make health care decisions for the person.
- Living Will states the person’s wishes for health care at the end of life
- Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) Form tells health care staff how the person wants end-of-life health care managed
- Will tells how the person wants his or her property and money to be divided among those left behind
- Living Trust tells someone called a trustee how to distribute a person’s property and money
For more information, call Meals on Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County, 972-771-9514.
Blue Ribbon News staff report. Information provided by Meals on Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County and North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging. The North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging serves adults age 60 and older and their family caregivers who live in Collin, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell, and Wise counties.
Our print edition is delivered free to ~15,500 homes in Rockwall and Heath, TX.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.