Rockwall ISD Board of Trustees Special Session
ROCKWALL, TX (May 9, 2022) NOTE: Board meeting summaries highlight different agenda items. For more information on every agenda item presented, click the following link: rockwallisd.com.
Dr. Megan Gist joins the Rockwall ISD administrative team with 24 years of experience in public education, including one year as Rockwall ISD’s Executive Director of Curriculum and Instruction and nine years as a principal in Rockwall ISD in both secondary and elementary schools.
Dr. Gist served as principal of Cain Middle School, Principal of Linda Lyon Elementary School, and Principal for Doris Cullins-Lake Pointe Elementary School. Dr. Gist has also provided leadership as an assistant principal in Wylie ISD for five years and a classroom teacher for nine years in Rockwall ISD, Paris ISD, and in Louisiana. She earned a Doctorate of Educational Administration from Texas A&M-Commerce, a Master’s Degree in Educational Administration from Texas A&M-Commerce, and a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from Northwestern State University.
Dr. Gist’s professional experiences and accomplishments include:
• Support for both secondary and elementary campus principals to improve student achievement;
• 2021 CLASS Alumni Award, Texas A&M University-Commerce for her research and contributions to the
• Extensive experience leading the PLC process, building strong teams, and leading campuses in
earning multiple distinctions;
• Member of Texas Principal Institute;
• Member and Facilitator of the Texas Principal Institute Design Team;
• Raise Your Hand Texas Principal Symposium Participant;
• Publication: “Helping New Teachers Keep Their Joy: Beginning Teacher Perceptions of Campus and
District Onboarding,” Journal of Texas Women School Executives, Volume 6, Issue 1, 2021;
• Member of Texas Elementary Principals and Supervisors Association (TEPSA); and
• Presenter at numerous local, state, and national conferences.
2021 Bond Program Update and Project Timelines Information
District administration presented the following bond updates to the Board of Trustees for discussion:
• Status of on-going bond projects.
• Current market conditions as it relates to bond projects, project costs, project timing etc.
• Project cost mitigation strategies the District has developed and possible implementation.
• Other proposed projects to address District current and anticipated student growth.
Approval of Employment Contracts and Personnel Reports
The Board approved the following Human Resources items:
• Renewal and extension of employment contracts under Chapter 21 of the Texas Education Code, and
• Personnel reports.
Board summary provided by Rockwall ISD, for publication in Blue Ribbon News.
Our print edition delivers free to ~15,500 homes and businesses throughout Rockwall County, TX. Click image to view our latest issue.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.