ROCKWALL, TX (Sept. 2, 2022) Meals on Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County and Rest Haven Funeral Home and Memorial Park will present, “Caring for the Caregiver,” the Rockwall Cares 10th Annual Caregiver Conference, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 15 at Reflections at Rest Haven, 500 State Highway 66 East in Rockwall.
This free conference provides resources and education from expert speakers to support those caring for an older adult.
Among the information being offered will be guidance on planning ahead for health, legal, and financial issues.
When loved one is aging you need to start getting his or her health, legal, and financial affairs in order. You want to plan for the future, if possible, with help from the person while he or she can still make decisions. You need to review all his or her health, legal, and financial information to make sure it reflects the person’s wishes.
Update health care, legal, and financial information. Check to see that you have the following documents and that they are up to date:
- Durable Power of Attorney for Finances gives someone called a trustee the power to make legal and financial decisions for the person
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care gives someone called a proxy the power to make health care decisions for the person
- Living Will states the person’s wishes for health care at the end of life
- Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) Form tells health care staff how the person wants end-of-life health care managed
- Will tells how the person wants his or her property and money to be divided among those left behind
- Living Trust tells someone called a trustee how to distribute a person’s property and money
Breakfast and lunch will be provided for conference-goers. There will be vendors, raffle prizes, and much more.
To register, scan the QR code above or call 972-771-9514.
For more information, call Meals on Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County, 972-771-9514.
Information provided by Meals on Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County and North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging. The North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging serves adults age 60 and older and their family caregivers who live in Collin, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell, and Wise counties. Their mission is to create and maintain a coordinated network of health and social services for older adults and family caregivers. They provide services and resources that help older adults maximize their quality of life and live as independently as possible. By providing information, education, and direct services, they help individuals meet basic needs and make informed decisions. Contact one of their staff members, or call 800-272-3921.
Our print edition delivers free to ~17,500 homes and businesses throughout Rockwall County, TX. Click image to view. To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.