ROCKWALL, TX (Jan. 13, 2023) – Patriot PAWS Service Dogs will celebrate the Graduation of three new Service Dog Teams on Friday, January 20th at 1:00PM located at their Rockwall Campus, 254 Ranch Trail, Rockwall, TX 75032.
On Monday, January 9, 2023, two Veterans and one civilian began the two-week Graduation Process of receiving a Service Dog from Patriot PAWS. United States Army Veteran, Jason, & Air Force Veteran, Lib, both from Texas, and one individual, Mike, from Louisiana, receiving his second Service Dog, partook in Patriot PAWS’ Winter 2023 Graduation.
On Friday, January 20th, the three new teams will officially be recognized as Graduating Service Dog Teams from Patriot PAWS, creating a total of nearly 400 Service Dogs placed from the program since it’s inception in 2006.
“It’s incredibly rewarding to see everyone’s hard work come to fruition during the Graduation Process,” states Lori Stevens, Founder & Executive Director of Patriot PAWS. “Our team, and all our wonderful volunteers, have worked countless hours to make the placements of our Service Dogs possible. While it’s bittersweet to say goodbye to our four-legged friends, we know the difference they will make in the lives of their person; and that makes it all worthwhile.”
Following the heartwarming Graduation Ceremony, Patriot PAWS Service Dogs will be hosting a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to celebrate their new “Lieutenant Colonel William Cecil Veterans Lounge” dedicated to the memory of United States Air Force Veteran & Former Rockwall Mayor, William “Bill” Cecil.
Cecil served on the original Board of Directors of Patriot PAWS Service Dogs and played an instrumental role in developing the organization into what it is today. Sadly, Cecil passed away in February of 2022. Patriot PAWS hopes to honor Cecil’s legacy by dedicating the lounge to his memory.
“The Veterans Lounge serves as a space where all local Veterans are welcome to stop by and enjoy a cup of coffee, visit with Patriot PAWS’ Veteran Coordinators and receive some puppy love on days that may be more difficult,” states Stevens. “Bill had such a passion for helping his fellow Veterans, and was such a dear friend to Patriot PAWS. We couldn’t think of a better person to dedicate this space to.”
About Patriot PAWS Service Dogs
- Founded in 2006 by Lori Stevens, Patriot PAWS Service Dogs is a Rockwall, TX based national non-profit that trains and provide Service Dogs of the highest quality at no cost to disabled American Veterans, and others, who suffer from Mobile Disabilities, Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS) and Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI’s.)
- The organization was officially deemed a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit in 2006, less than one year after Stevens pursued a calling on her heart to help Veterans in need.
- Patriot PAWS is honored to be an accredited member of Assistance Dogs International (ADI) – the only Service Dog accrediting organization within the world.
- Patriot PAWS currently trains their dogs at their Main Facility, located in Rockwall Texas; Patriot PAWS of Aggieland program in College Station; with Dallas-Fort Worth Volunteer Puppy Raisers; and their partnership with Texas Department of Criminal Justice, where inmate trainers work with program dogs within their prison units.
- Patriot PAWS currently has Veteran/Service Dog Teams located in 40 states and over 80 Veterans still waiting to receive a Service Dog from their program.
- Each Patriot PAWS Service Dog takes 18 – 24 months to train at a cost of $35,000 however, recipients will never receive a bill as Patriot PAWS firmly believes they have already made such sacrifices for our freedoms.
- For more information, or to donate to Patriot PAWS, please visit their website at patriotpaws.org
Submitted press release.
Our print edition delivers free to ~17,500 homes and businesses throughout Rockwall County, TX. Click image to view.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.