(ROWLETT-March 20, 2013) Entries are due Monday, April 29 for the Annual Rowlett Writing Contest presented by the Rowlett Arts and Humanities Commission.
Youth – Grades 1 through 12
Adult 18 – years and older
Short Works (plays, essays, etc.) – 15-30 minutes in length
Short Story – 1-3 pages double spaced
Poem – 1-2 pages double spaced
- · All entries MUST be in a typed format
- · No more than one (1) entry per participant per category
- · All entries should be suitable for family viewing
- · Please, include the cover sheet for each entry with name, address, email, phone number, division and category. NO NAME ON THE ENTRY ITSELF, PLEASE!
- · Teachers entering students may use the school address and phone number with the appropriate division and category included on each cover sheet. Please, include the student’s name.
All first place winners will receive a cash award (check) which will be presented at the Rowlett
City Council meeting on Tuesday, June 18, 2013. The awards will be $100 for each adult category and $50 for each youth category.
ENTRIES ARE DUE BY MONDAY, APRIL 29, 2013
Entries should be mailed or dropped off to the Rowlett Public Library at 3900 Main Street, Rowlett, TX 75088 (attention: Arts & Humanities).
For more information, contact Mary Drayer at email@example.com.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.