(ROCKWALL, TX – April 2, 2020) Out of an abundance of caution due to the COVID-19 situation, the City of Rockwall and the Parks & Recreation Department is removing all swings on playgrounds, so there is only one swing per bay at all city facilities to eliminate social distancing violations.
They are also adding signage to all tees and baskets at Harry Myers. If violations continue to occur, the Parks website notes that all baskets will be removed and the course will be closed until further notice.
In addition, all basketball rims on basketball courts at all city facilities are being removed today, to eliminate social distancing violations.
Please remember the following bullet points for sanitation:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Consult CDC’s travel website for any travel advisories and steps to protect yourself if you plan to travel outside of the US.
Our print edition is delivered free to ~15,500 homes in Rockwall and Heath, TX.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.