Rockwall, Texas – July 1, 2020 – Rockwall’s Fourth of July celebration will still take place this weekend, but expect it to be somewhat scaled back from years past. Because of COVID-19 concerns, a lot of participants have chosen to opt out of the parade, which starts at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 4. The remaining participants have spent a lot of time and effort in preparing their parade entries. There are also other activities to entertain your family and join in the patriotic celebration.
Please note that parking will be limited for the fireworks show on Saturday night, as the private lot will not be available for use. Participants at all events are encouraged to practice personal responsibility and consider if social distancing and wearing a mask is right for them. Please remember, there are a number of locations around the City where people can view fireworks without being in the park.
Here is a list of what’s taking place:
- Friday, July 3, dusk – Fireworks at The Harbor Amphitheater (Lower level show than at Harry Myers Park on Saturday)
- Farmer’s Market on the Downtown Square, July 4, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. (as usual) – Downtown Rockwall
- Saturday, July 4, 9:30 a.m. – Fourth of July Parade through Downtown Rockwall (See map below)
- Saturday, July 4, 7 p.m. – American Legion Parachute Jump, Live Music on Stage at Harry Myers Park (Limited parking, see map and description below)
- Saturday, July 4, dusk – Fireworks at Harry Myers Park (Limited parking, see map below)
The 2020 Fourth of July celebration will again feature a special presentation. Attendees at Harry Myers Park are in for a special patriotic treat. Parachutists will jump from a vintage WWII Navy R4D-6S airplane, flown by the Dallas-Fort Worth Wing of the Commemorative Air Force. The R4D-6S will fly over Harry Myers Park at about 7:00 p.m., followed by a parachute demonstration at approximately 7:20 p.m. before the fireworks display at dusk.
The Terry Fisher American Legion Post 117 will narrate the demonstration as the jump team enters the park. The fireworks show will begin at approximately 9:30 p.m.
Submitted press release, edited for publication in Blue Ribbon News.
Our print edition is delivered free to ~15,500 homes in Rockwall and Heath, TX.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.