ROCKWALL, TX (Nov. 17, 2021) The Rockwall County Constable’s Office, Precinct 4, is urging Texas travelers to always celebrate responsibly and to make safe driving habits a priority this heavily traveled Thanksgiving holiday.
“As Texans travel to be with friends and family this season, we urge all drivers to use extra caution on roadways and never drink and drive,” said Constable Randy Earl Parks, Pct. 4. “The increased traffic can make holiday travel especially challenging.”
Officers in the Constables Office offer the following tips for safe travel during the holiday:
- Don’t drink and drive. Always have a designated driver.
- Slow down, especially in construction areas and heavy traffic.
- Eliminate distractions including the use of the mobile devices while driving.
- Buckle up every time you get in your vehicle.
- Drive at a safe following distance.
- Be extra aware of motorcycles on the highways.
Submitted press release, edited for publication in Blue Ribbon News.
Our print edition delivers free to ~15,500 homes and businesses throughout Rockwall County, TX. Click image to view.
To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.