GRAPEVINE, TEXAS – (Oct. 3, 2022) – Peep! Peep! Thomas the Tank Engine is coming to town for a limited time and will be hosting outdoor events at the Grapevine Vintage Railroad on October 7-9 and October 14-16, 2022.
Day Out With Thomas™ is a full day event for families and friends hosted by one of the biggest friends of all—Thomas the Tank Engine! Every ticket includes an interactive train ride with a life-sized Thomas the Tank Engine as well as access to a full day of activities for the whole family to enjoy. At Day Out With Thomas™, families are encouraged to ride, play and stay all day—and there’ll be plenty to do including games, entertainment, photo opps, and more! This year, we are encouraging friends of all ages to dream big in the Dream BIG! Corner, where kids can go for fun photo opps, arts and crafts, and more. We also created the Dream Pass for kids to track their journey at the Railway and pick up a special giveaway at the end of the day. And before leaving, we’d love for the kids to say hello to Sir Topham Hatt, the Railway Controller from the Island of Sodor and stop in the pop-up gift shop for exclusive Thomas swag. Spending a Day Out With Thomas™ will remind kids to dream big and imagine how far they can go! Capacity will be limited, and advanced tickets are required.
WHO: Day Out With Thomas™
WHAT: Day Out With Thomas™ highlights include:
- Approximately 25-minute Train Ride pulled by a full-sized, talking Thomas the Tank Engine locomotive, with Thomas & Friends
- Families can look forward to the following activities and entertainment:
- Dream BIG! Corner – Snap some photos, enjoy carnival box games and some lawn game fun, complete with a bubble machine
- Play Pod – Play with your favorite Thomas & Friends™ toys including Mega Bloks and iPad apps, then pick out a temporary tattoo
- Photo opportunities throughout the event, including with Thomas himself
- Live entertainment with Marty the Magician, Wildlife on the Move, Boocoos the Clown and the Dallas Puppet Theater (inside the Play Pod)
- Additional outdoor activities including a Trike Corral, Sandbox FunDig, the Lone Star Hi-Railers Model Train, and Motorized Track & Trains Tables
- Say hello to Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway
- Railroad Museum Admission with access to all activities on the grounds
- Each child receives a Dream Pass Keepsake Booklet to track their journey at the event and collect a special prize at the exit
- Pop-up gift shop with exclusive Thomas & Friends products
- Food and drinks available onsite for purchase
WHEN: October 7-9 & 14-16, 2022 (select your train departure time when purchasing tickets at www.DayOutWithThomas.com)
WHERE: Grapevine Vintage Railroad, 705 South Main Street, Grapevine, TX 76051
Tickets for an unforgettable day at Day Out With Thomas™ are available at www.DayOutWithThomas.com. Ticket prices are $20-$24 for ages 1 and up (service charges and fees may apply). Advanced tickets are required; walk-ups will not be available.
For more information about the Grapevine Vintage Railroad, visit www.GVRR.com. For more information about Thomas & Friends please visit: www.thomasandfriends.com, www.facebook.com/thomasandfriends and for bonus material and exclusive content www.youtube.com/user/thomasandfriends.
Submitted press release by Grapevine Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Our print edition delivers free to ~17,500 homes and businesses throughout Rockwall County, TX. Click image to view. To share your good news and events, email editor@BlueRibbonNews.com.
Subscribe to our email newsletter here.
Advertising: 214-342-8000 or advertising@BlueRibbonNews.com.