“Cumulative Stress and Self-Care”; a free webinar by Meals on Wheels Senior Services and Area Agency on Aging

“Cumulative Stress and Self-Care”; a free webinar by Meals on Wheels Senior Services and Area Agency on Aging

Rockwall, TX (April 1, 2024) – The experience of stress is universal, no one escapes. Therefore, developing a healthy response to stress is a skill that will serve you well throughout your life.  Some stressors are within your realm of control and can be prevented.  Other stressors are unavoidable but can be alleviated by practicing […]

The Rose Table: Host a wonderland-themed garden party

The Rose Table: Host a wonderland-themed garden party

Rockwall, TX (March 29, 2024) – The Rose Table is back with the ultimate spring garden party. Part of the viral Disney Dinners series, this Alice in Wonderland themed party was inspired by the Mad Hatter’s whimsical tea party. With Chilled Cucumber Soup served in teacups, Deconstructed Chicken Salad as the main course, and Painting […]

Kukka by Sally Kilgore: Content in the Good Things

Kukka by Sally Kilgore: Content in the Good Things

Rockwall, TX (March 27, 2024) – Happiness is a place between too much and too little. – Finnish Proverb  Happiness is continuing to desire what we already have. – Saint Augustine The above quotes are favorites of mine. The first, a Finnish Proverb, is one that has rolled around in my spirit for years. Not […]

Cooking with Ease: Go Blue with Blueberry Muffins

Cooking with Ease: Go Blue with Blueberry Muffins

Rockwall, TX (March 26, 2024) – Blueberry muffins have always been a favorite of mine. My husband, Evan, loves savory for breakfast, but I will always choose sweets. I drink my coffee black, no cream, no sugar, so I can get both of those in a muffin, a donut, a kolache, or a piece of […]

Here We Grow: Springtime tips from Rockwall County Master Gardeners

Here We Grow: Springtime tips from Rockwall County Master Gardeners

Editor’s Note: Blue Ribbon News is pleased to welcome ‘Here We Grow: Tips from Rockwall County Master Gardeners’ as an exclusive new feature in our publication. This guest column and photos by Michele Campbell, President, Rockwall County Master Gardener Association. ROCKWALL, TX (March 25, 2024) – As spring weather arrives, it’s time for the usual […]

Pawzpurr launches service providing life-long care and financial security to beloved pets

Pawzpurr launches service providing life-long care and financial security to beloved pets

Rockwall, TX (March 23, 2024) – Have you thought about what happens to your beloved pet upon your death? Have you planned for it? Knowing that pets become family, Bill Houser has thought about this for over 10 years. As an estate and probate attorney from Rockwall he has seen too many situations that did […]

PUBLIC NOTICE: Rockwall County awarded federal funds for emergency food, shelter programs

PUBLIC NOTICE: Rockwall County awarded federal funds for emergency food, shelter programs

ROCKWALL COUNTY, TX (March 21, 2024) – The Rockwall County Local Regional Emergency Food and Shelter Board #8332-00 HAS BEEN AWARDED FEDERAL FUNDS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (DHS)/FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY UNDER THE EMERGENCY FOOD AND SHELTER NATIONAL BOARD PROGRAM. Rockwall County has been chosen to receive $ 49,070.00 in Phase 41 funding to […]

An epic Easter Egg Hunt happens at In-Sync Exotics

An epic Easter Egg Hunt happens at In-Sync Exotics

Wylie, TX (March 18, 2024) – In-Sync Exotics and their big cats welcome the public to an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 30 with fun for all! With a backdrop of lions, tigers, leopards, and more big cats, this Easter celebration is a unique way for families to gather, have fun, and even support […]

The new Judge in town

The new Judge in town

Rowlett, TX (March 15, 2024) – There’s a new Judge in town.Did you know the Rowlett Municipal Court is a happy place to be? Indeed a statement of truth, the whole truth.After lengthy negotiations  (Staff: “Can we have an office kitty?” Judge Kilgore: “Yes.”) the search was on. Court staff & Judge Kilgore found what […]

AgriLife Extension to host Texas Community Futures Forum at Rockwall Library

AgriLife Extension to host Texas Community Futures Forum at Rockwall Library

ROCKWALL, TX (March 14, 2024) Texas A&M AgriLife Extension has always developed programs based on community needs. Issue identification is the foundation upon which Extension has been able to meet the educational needs of Rockwall County residents. Every five years, Extension hosts the Texas Community Futures Forum. This process utilizes local residents to identify and […]